Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 March 2016

                                   AS A GIRL IN AN ENGINEERING

                                                         COLLEGE

I was always a good student a quintessential to all my fellow students.I was bound to clear my engineering exam ,atleast that's what my parents tell me.And so i did to no surprise to anybody.
I actually felt happy to join one of the premier engineering colleges .I was living my share of the 3 IDIOTS movie,atleast the first part.
And as the movie went i had my share of Suffer.Everybody writes about how boys suffer in engineering colleges.Today i write how girls feel the same although much worse.I will tell you.We for starters are the minority 10 in a batch of 120. That means we have atleast 12 of our batchmates prying on us .You will find from seniors to juniors everybody looking straight at our faces.
Over with that part then you have the worthy professors who think that bhai degree to NRI ladke ke liye hi hai.It is already assumed in my class that i understand zero of electronics while even the dumbest chap is thought to be some future Satya Nadela!
My ideas are restricted to only find a suitable ladka thrrough my degree.My new ideas on invention mean nothing while some idiots's stupidity on a project does make a worthwhile sense.
If i in a civilised ,well educated society am facing this i give hats off to those underprivilege but over couraged girls who fight to step out of their homes.
Now come college fests and we are made to serve tea to the judges as if the so called the 1400 boys have fractured their arms and legs.
Our way of dressing indicates what we get in our term work! Bhai laundo ko bhi dekho, shave ka naam bhi nai suna hoga. If we are meant to be "socially well behaved" where does the rule go when the boys are ogling at us whenever we enter the class.It seems we only get the admissions from the Government so as to maintain the decent sex ratio. That's it. No more ,No less than that.
What crime have i done if i chose to be an engineer. Just because i  am a girl you are an idiot to assume that i will complete your assignments.Ladki hu toh you will just make me write the IEEE paper , not be a part of it technically.Bhai saheb Technical work is for all the boys, born engineers hai. But i exams we always top,there is a tagline for that as well,ladki rat sakti hai,practical knowledge is for the boys.And Mechanical is even worse you are not even allowed to work in the workshops,as usual the compliment comes: delicate,nazuk si hi toh hai if they get themselves hurt engineering ka kya hoga?
who even talks like that? well i get to hear it everyday
No wonder we lady engineers are more tuffer and better bosses why?Because we have handled the worst type of people,the people who are dedicated and determined to make you feel odd one out in the class and yes we do defy the odds then
What do you get after 4 years?
A complete susheel bhartiya ladki engineer
Sounds odd but true

No comments:

Post a Comment